ADK Review Board News
- INFORMATION ALERT: LAKE GEORGE PARK COMMISSION CODFYING DOCK DECISIONS – The Huletts Current ( Hulett's Landing) Website
The Lake George Park Commission has drafted a proposal on the Commission’s jurisdiction over various components of docks and wharfs.
- NO APPEAL IN NYCO MINING LAND SWAP CHALLENGE – WAMC Northeast Public Radio ( Albany, NY) Website
Reporter Pat Bradley reports that groups opposed to NYCO Minerals conducting test drilling on land in the Adirondack Forest Preserve have decided not to appeal a judge’s ruling in favor of the company. Please note that an audio clip is included in this link.
- ENVIRONMENTAL GROUPS WON'T FIGHT NYCO TESTING – The Press Republican ( Plattsburgh, NY) Website
Reporter Suzanne Moore reports that four environmentalist groups will not appeal a court decision allowing NYCO Minerals to test drill on Adirondack Forest Preserve land; instead they will focus on monitoring the work.
- MAJOR CHANGES AFOOT FOR 'FOREVER WILD' FOREST PRESERVE – The Adirondack Almanack ( ) Website
Peter Bauer, Executive Director of Protect the Adirondacks, notes comments received from the public regarding possible amendments to the Adirondack Park State Land Master Plan, and gives his impressions on how the APA should proceed.
- LAKE TROUT AT RISK – Adirondack Explorer ( ) Website
Reporter Mike Lynch reports on the health of Lake Trout in the Adirondacks.
- FEARLESS FISHER GETS BREAK IN ADIRONDACKS – Times Union ( Albany, NY) Website
Reporter Brian Nearing reports that the DEC is proposing that the fisher would get added protection in the Adirondacks.
**Please note that a paid subscription is required to view the article online. A version of the article appears below.
- PLF SUBMITS TESTIMORY FOR CONGRESSIONAL HEARING ON 'WATERS OF U.S.' RULE – Pacific Legal Foundation ( ) Website
Pacific Legal Foundation (PLF) has submitted testimony for a congressional hearing that will be held on Wednesday, February 4, to examine a sweeping expansion of federal Clean Water Act jurisdiction, as set forth in a controversial new rule proposed by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Army Corps of Engineers.
- WHAT IS THE 'GREAT SOUTH WOODS'? – The Adirondack Almanack ( ) Website
Colin Beier, Associate Professor of Ecology in the Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management at SUNY ESF, discusses the area in the Adirondacks known as the Great South Woods, plans for large-scale recreation in the area, and future workshops open to the public for further discussion.